I first wrote a similar post years ago on my old blog and I love a good list so I thought to revisit it and update it a bit with where I am now. I’m a huge believer in the old adage ‘every cloud has a silver lining’ and no matter what’s happening, I consciously try to see the good in everything.
So these are some of the things that make me smile even when I’m having a shitty day.
- Waking up and going to sleep in my husband’s arms. YUM!
- Anything to do with my 3 year old pumpkin Motheo. A kissy and tight little hug from him, picking him up from school, listening to him tell me about his day, his little giggles, watching him sleep, watching him eat… everything!!!
- A really good cup of homemade coffee. Allow me to toot my own horn here, but we really make the best coffee.
- Baked treats. One of my biggest prayers is to one day quit carbs and never look back!
- Cozy in bed, falling asleep to the sound of rain.
- Holding hands with my husband on a drive anywhere.
- A really good selfie. Yaaasss!
- Wine. Wine just fixes everything especially something as silly as a bad day.
- My mom’s jokes. My mom doesn’t even know how funny she is.
- That feel good feeling you get after praying.
Hope you’re having a great April so far. Thanks for reading! xx